The SGM6130 is a current-mode step-down regulator with an internal power MOSFET. This device achieves 3A continuous output current over a wide input supply range from 4.5V to 28.5V with excellent load and line regulations. The switching frequency of SGM6130 is 385kHz and current mode operation provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
The SGM6130 is highly efficient with peak efficiency at 94% when in operation. In shutdown mode the regulator draws less than 18μA of supply current. Protection features include cycle-by-cycle current limit and thermal shutdown. The device also includes an internal soft-start and an external adjustable soft-start function to limit the inrush current and prevent the overshoot of output voltage.
The SGM6130 is available in Green SOIC-8 (Exposed Pad) package and requires a minimum number of readily available external components to complete a 3A step-down DC/DC converter solution.
• 3A Output Current
• High Efficiency: Up to 94%
• 4.5V to 28.5V Input Voltage Range
• < 18μA Shutdown Supply Current
• 100mΩ Internal Power MOSFET Switch
• Fixed 385kHz Switching Frequency
• Output Adjustable from 0.8V to 25V
• Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit Protection
• Thermal Shutdown Protection
• Under-Voltage Lockout
• Stable with Low ESR Ceramic Capacitors
• -40℃ to +85℃ Operating Temperature Range
• Available in Green SOIC-8 (Exposed Pad) Package
Distributed Power Systems
Flat Panel TVs
Pre-Regulator for Linear Regulators
Cigarette Lighter Powered Devices
|Part Number||Status||Package||Pins||Pb-Free||Temp Range|
|SGM6130YPS8G/TR||Production||SOIC-8 (Exposed Pad)||8||Y||-40℃ to +85℃||Samples|