The SGM3142 is a high efficiency and cost effective charge pump white LED driver. It supports up to 6 white LEDs and regulates a constant current for uniform intensity. The part maintains the high efficiency by utilizing a 1×/1.5× fractional charge pump and low dropout current sources. The small equivalent 1× mode open loop resistance and ultra-low dropout voltage of current source extend the operating time of 1× mode and optimize the efficiency of Li-ion battery in white LED applications.
User can easily configure each LED current from 1.25mA to 20mA by a pulse dimming control. The dimming of white LEDs current can be achieved by applying a pulse signal to the EN/SET pin. There are totally 16 steps of current could be set by users. The operating voltage range is 2.7V to 5.5V. Internal soft-start circuitry effectively reduces the in-rush current while both start-up and mode transition.
The SGM3142 is available in Green TQFN-4×4-16L package and is specified over an ambient temperature range of -40℃ to +85℃.
• Input Voltage Range: 2.7V to 5.5V
• Drives up to 6 LEDs at 20mA Each
• 16-Step Brightness Control
• High Efficiency by Fractional Conversion with
1× and 1.5× Modes
• Automatic Charge Pump Mode Selection
• Switching Frequency: 1MHz
• 1% Typical LED Current Matching
• Internal Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
• Low Input Noise and Low EMI
• Over-Current and Over-Temperature Protection
• Output Over-Voltage Protection
• Under-Voltage Lockout with Hysteresis
• Available in Green TQFN-4×4-16L Package
White LED Backlighting
White Photo-Flash for DSCs
Color (RGB) Lighting
Programmable Current Source
|Part Number||Status||Package||Pins||Pb-Free||Temp Range|
|SGM3142YTQE16G/TR||Production||TQFN-4×4-16L||16||Y||-40℃ to +85℃||Samples|